School of Northeast Asian Studies
From 2016, the major is comprised of Northeast Asia Trade for Koreans, combined with the existing four trade majors(Russia, US, Japan, and China), and Korean Trade for Foreigners.
The educational goal of the Dept. of Northeast Asia International Trade is to foster Northeast Asia trade professionals who can rapidly cope with the world trade environmental changes and also lead Korean trade policies.
Since the Ministry of Education designated it as university for the local university specialization project in 1997, the Dept. of Northeast Asia International Trade has been settled down as a specialized department representing international economy/trade area by focusing on the education of foreign language, research on Northeast Asian economy, education of economics/trade theories/practical business.
In accordance with the organizational reform of Incheon National University, from 2016, it is separated into independent departments, comprised of the major of Northeast Asia Trade, combined with the existing trade majors in each country(China, US, Japan, and Russia), and the major of Korean Trade for foreign students(Established in Sep. 2016).
- Reformed into independent department
- Combined the existing four majors(Major of Northeast Asia Trade)
- Newly established the major of Korean Trade
- The Department of Northeast Asian Commerce became the Department of Northeast Asian Economics and Commerce
- The College of Northeast Asian Commerce became the School of Northeast Asian Commerce.
- Department of Economics and Department of Trade of College of Economics & Business Administration joined the College of Northeast Asian Economics and Commerce.
- Establishment of the Department of Northeast Asian Economics and Commerce
Educational goals and objectives
The Dept. of Northeast Asia International Trade aims to foster international trade professionals who can learn diverse cultures and successfully perform international business focusing on Northeast Asia. Students of the Dept. of Northeast International Trade accumulate various experiences through numerous programs and systems. The lower grades mainly learn two foreign languages including English and the language of the major country from foreign professors. Based on the local study abroad in the major country for a year, they learn overseas cultures, language, and trade environment. When they become the higher grades after coming back to Korea, they are trained to become experts successfully performing international business based on the actual trade course like politics, trade, and culture of the major country.
|School of Northeast Asian Studies||Major of Chinese Trade & Commerce
|Major of Japanese Trade & Commerce
|Major of Russian Trade & Commerce
|Major of U.S. Trade & Commerce
|Northeast Asia Trade & Commerce|
|Major of korean Trade & Commerce|