The College of Urban Sciences was organized into the Department of Urban Policy and Administration and the Department of Urban and Environmental Engineering (Major in Construction and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban Construction Engineering).
In 2010, the College of Urban Sciences was organized into the Department of Urban Policy and Administration and the Department of Urban and Environmental Engineering (Major in Construction and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban Construction Engineering). The college engages in practical learning education and research that aim to find possible solutions to the problems of busy cities. The college endeavors to provide creative and realistic solution to city problems, in order to satisfy the needs of an era that aims for a futuristic city, needs such as a human-centered city, low-carbon green growth, fusion of cutting edge techniques, high class design, ubiquitous urban construction, etc.
- 2010. 03.
- Division and Establishment of College of Urban Sciences: Dept. of Urban Policy and Administration, Dept. of Urban Environmental Engineering, and Dept. of Urban Construction
- Change of department unit’s name: Dept. of Architectural and Environmental Systems→ Dept. of Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- Adjustment of admission unit quota: Dept. of Architectural Engineering 60 students, Architectural Engineering 40 students
- Change of department unit’s name: Dept. of Architectural Engineering → Dept. of Architectural and Environmental System
- 1977. 01. 10
- Approval for the establishment of Incheon Technical College (2 departments): Dept. of Architectural Engineering (80 students), Dept. of Construction Engineering (40 students)
Educational goals and objectives
As a new academic field that utilizes the trend and features of the global city development, leads the international city of Northeast Asia for which the city of Incheon aims, and combines engineering and society of humanity that constructs future oriented high-tech city based on eco-friendly development of global level, the College of Urban Sciences aims to fulfill the following goals:
① Produce creative and innovative urban development experts
→ Through the combination of traditional academic theories and theories of new academic fields, the college aspires to develop talented individuals who can help solve urban problems
② Produce overall and systematic urban managers
→ Nurture the ability of its students to become urban managers who can provide comprehensive and systematic solutions to contemporary urban problems
③ Produce urban leaders who can be pioneers and actively serving the community
→ Produce model urban leaders who are actively engaged in voluntary services that can solve urban problems. The college offers students opportunities to widen their practical experience in the field though debates and volunteer activities